- Hip and Knee Replacement
- Reconstruction Orthopedics
“My job is to advocate for your best interests to help alleviate musculoskeletal pain and improve function.”
–Joshua Steere, M.D.
Dr. Joshua Steere is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in joint reconstruction, specifically primary and revision hip and knee replacement. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. Dr. Steere became interested in orthopedic surgery after seeing the positive impact of joint replacement on patients’ quality of life.
Dr. Steere graduated summa cum laude from Creighton University, where he won the Senior Award for outstanding performance and was elected president of the Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honor Society. He graduated cum laude from Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, where he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society and was elected President of the chapter.
Dr. Steere completed his internship and residency at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. He served as a Chief Resident in his final year and was honored with the DeForest Willard, M.D. Award for excellent service. He completed his fellowship in Adult Joint Reconstruction at Stanford University Hospital in Palo Alto, California.
Inspired by his mother, a family medicine physician in Kansas, Dr. Steere provides a patient-centered approach to orthopedic care. “I am committed to educating my patients about their diagnosis and treatment options. Patients who are empowered with knowledge often do better and heal faster,” he explains. “I challenge the notion that aging must include the loss of mobility and independence. The most rewarding outcome is when people tell me their life is no longer limited by joint pain.”
With strong professional and family ties to the Bucks County area, Dr. Steere supports Bucks County Orthopedic Specialists’ offices in both Doylestown and Warrington, and he is affiliated with Doylestown Hospital.
Dr. Steere enjoys spending time with his family, particularly teaching his daughter about the outdoors. He also enjoys biking and fly-fishing in the Poconos.
Education & Training
- Fellowship: Stanford University (Adult Joint Reconstruction)
- Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Medical School: Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
- Undergraduate: Creighton University, Majors: Chemistry, Political Science
Awards & Recognition
- DeForest P. Willard, M.D. Award, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Alpha Omega Alpha, National Medical Honor Society Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
- Dr. Francis and Gloria Banich Endowed Scholarship Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
- Senior Award Creighton University College of Arts and Sciences
- Alpha Sigma Nu, National Jesuit Honor Society Creighton University