SPORTS MEDICINE IN BUCKS COUNTY
Getting You Back Into Your Game
Are you an avid athlete with a sports-related injury or a beginner who just started an exercise plan? No matter what your level, the sports medicine specialists at Bucks County Orthopedic Specialists will customize a treatment plan to get you back to doing what you love.
Sports Medicine Approach at BCOS
BCOS takes pride in offering a highly individualized approach to sports medicine. We recognize that every patient is unique and work hard to develop personalized plans that focus on your goals and expectations while taking into consideration the time and energy you have to dedicate to rehabilitation. Our ultimate goal is to help you recover from your current injury and help you prevent injuries in the future.
In addition to offering surgical and non-surgical treatments for problems of the shoulder, elbow, hand, hip, and knee, we also maintain a premier relationship with Fitness Physical Therapy, a highly specialized provider of outpatient orthopedic and sports rehabilitation services, including a Running Analysis Program, which can correct training errors to help avoid future injury. Our physicians work closely with the physical therapists at Fitness Physical Therapy to help guide your recovery.
Types of Sports Medicine Treatments
BCOS uses only the most advanced techniques and care plans to treat sports-related injuries, including both surgical and non-surgical procedures. Among our most advanced treatment options are anatomic ACL reconstructions, double row rotator cuff repairs, and Tenex procedures for chronic tendonitis.
Additional treatments include:
- Shoulder arthroscopy for treatment of shoulder dislocations, labral tears, or rotator cuff tears
- Knee arthroscopy for treatment of meniscal tears and ACL tears
- Knee ligament reconstruction (ACL surgery)
- Tenex procedure for minimally invasive treatment of chronic tendonitis
- Elbow tendon repair and arthroplasty
- Patellofemoral joint instability
- Reconstruction of the knee, shoulder, and elbow
- Rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder instability procedures
- Shoulder labral repair
- Specialized care for endurance and elite athletes
- Cortisone and hyaluronic acid injections
- Sports bracing/orthotics
- Structured rehabilitation
Treat Your Chronic Tendon Disease with Tenex Health TX™
Are you suffering from chronic tendon disease, which is often caused by an injury or repetitive motions from doing what you love or need to do on a regular basis? Let Bucks County Orthopedic Specialists help.
What is Tenex Health TX™?
Tenex Health TX™ is a minimally invasive pain management solution for chronic tendonitis of the shoulder, elbow, knee, and ankle. A safe treatment that restores function quickly and easily, Tenex Health TX™ is based on advanced technology developed in collaboration with the world-renowned Mayo Clinic.
Who Benefits from Tenex Health TX™?
If you have tried physical therapy, cortisone injections, medication, or have taken time to ice, stretch, and rest, and are still in pain after three months, you may be a perfect candidate.
Common conditions treated by Tenex Health TX™ include:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Jumper’s / Runners Knee
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfer’s Elbow
- Swimmer’s Shoulder / Rotator Cuff
The benefits of Tenex Health TX™ include:
- Tenex Health TX™ offers nearly instant pain relief, with a rapid recovery in six weeks or less
- No general anesthesia or stitches are used, so there is less discomfort and minimal downtime compared to open surgery
- There is no additional post-procedure treatment required
- The speed of your recovery depends on the location of your tendinitis and your individual results may vary
- Tenex Health TX™ is covered by most insurance
Call us at (215) 918-7845 to learn more about our sports medicine in Bucks County.
- Growth Plate Injuries in Children
- Concussion Treatment – New Strategies for Active Recovery
- Too Much of a Good Thing – Single Sports Related Injuries Suffered by Student Athletes