Back & Neck Specialists in Bucks County
Providing Expert Non-Operative Orthopedic Care for Back & Neck Pain
If you experience pain in your neck or back, you are not alone. According to the CDC’s National Health Interview Survey, over half of all adults have experienced musculoskeletal pain in the past three months, with the most common type being lower back pain. What many individuals do not realize is that 90 percent of all cases improve without the need for surgery. With locations in Doylestown and Warrington, Bucks County Orthopedic Specialists can help you diagnose and treat your back and neck pain symptoms.
Common causes of back and neck pain include:
- Sprain or strain of a muscle or ligament
- Congenital disorders (i.e. Scoliosis)
- Radiculopathy (Sciatica or pinched nerve)
- Spinal stenosis
- Compression fractures
- Sacroiliac joint pain
- Coccydynia (tailbone pain)
- Degenerative or herniated discs
- Post Laminectomy Syndrome (pain after surgery)
- Myofascial pain
If you are experiencing symptoms of back and neck pain, schedule an appointment with our orthopedic physicians in Bucks County by calling (215) 600-4714.
“BACK in Action” with Bucks County Orthopedic SpecialistsThe physicians and physician assistants at Bucks County Orthopedic Specialists (BCOS) provide a comprehensive “BACK in Action” approach to spine care with personalized treatment plans designed to restore and improve each patient’s quality of life. Each individualized plan is based on clinical findings and imaging and may include physical and occupational therapy, oral and topical medications, electrodiagnostic testing, bracing, injections, and platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatment.
Bucks County Orthopedic Specialists is one of the few providers in the area to offer the convenience of out-patient injections, allowing patients to receive treatment injections on the same day as their initial visit.
Back & Neck Treatment Options at BCOS
Since 1985, Bucks County Orthopedic Specialists has focused on advanced patient care, offering state-of-the-art procedures, such as regenerative therapy, using ultrasound-guided injections of the shoulder, hip, elbow, and knee, with steroid or PRP. We believe in treating the whole patient and our orthopedic physicians in Doylestown and Warrington are standing by to answer all of your questions.
We offer a variety of back and neck orthopedic services, including:
- Comprehensive care including PT, bracing, topical and oral medication, and home exercises
- Trigger point injections
- Greater occipital nerve blocks
- Epidural injections
- Facet joint injections
- Medial branch blocks
- Selective nerve root blocks
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Ganglion impar block
- Lumbar sympathetic block
- Platelet-rich plasma, muscle/ligament, facet, and sacroiliac joint injections
- Lumbar spinal cord stimulator trials
- Radiofrequency ablation
Now there’s a new option for patients suffering from pain who have not had success with other traditional treatments. CBD, also known as cannabinoids, has been legalized for medical use and Buck County Orthopedic Specialists was one of the first medical offices to be certified to assess, qualify, and prescribe this therapy. An effective choice for a variety of chronic pain conditions, CBD offers additional benefits such as anxiety relief and alleviating nausea.
Tips to Reduce Back & Neck Pain
The recovery process for back and neck pain can be extensive for some, and always requires patience and proactive care.
You can help reduce back and neck pain by practicing good prevention techniques, such as:
- Lift smart. Always lift objects in the proper manner, regardless of weight. Be sure to bend at the knees, lift with your legs, and always keep your back straight.
- Listen to your pain. Put high-impact exercises, such as running, on hold until the pain is significantly reduced. Don't perform any activity that hurts, for it can lead to injury.
- Keep your workplace spine-friendly. Consider an ergonomic evaluation for your workspace, which can be performed by the physical therapists at BCOS.
- Stretch often. Take frequent stretch breaks during long periods of travel, such as a long car or plane ride, or when doing repetitive activity while bending forward, such as sitting at a desk.
- Warm up. Always warm up the body until you break a sweat before exercising. This will prepare the body and muscles for the activity to come.
Bucks County Orthopedic Specialists now offers extended hours. You can schedule appointments with our Doylestown and Warrington back and neck specialists on nights or weekends. Call us today at (215) 600-4714.