Tenex Procedure: For the Treatment of Chronic Tendon Disease
Do what you love, over and over again.
Are you suffering from Chronic Tendon Disease, which is often caused by an injury or repetitive motions from doing what you love or need to do on a regular basis? Let Bucks County Orthopedic Specialists help.
What is Tenex Health TX™?
Tenex Health TX™ is a minimally invasive pain management solution for Chronic Tendonitis of the shoulder, elbow, knee and ankle. A safe treatment that restores function quickly and easily, Tenex Health TX™ is based on advanced technology developed in collaboration with the world renowned Mayo Clinic.
Who benefits from Tenex Health TX™?
If you have tried physical therapy, cortisone injections, medication, or have taken time to ice, stretch and rest and are still in pain after 3 months, you may be a perfect candidate. Common conditions treated by Tenex Health TX™ include:
- • Plantar Fasciitis
- • Achilles Tendonitis
- • Jumper's / Runners Knee
- • Tennis Elbow
- • Golfer's Elbow
- • Swimmer's Shoulder / Rotator Cuff
How does it work?
Performed in approximately 20-minutes, we use ultrasound imaging to precisely target and remove your damaged tissue – the source of the pain – while leaving your healthy tissue alone. This allows you to return to your daily activities more quickly than traditional open surgery.
Here are the steps:
- Once the source of your tendon pain is identified, we numb the area with a local anesthetic, allowing you to stay awake the entire time.
- We use gentle ultrasonic energy designed to safely breakdown and remove the damaged tissue.
- The ultrasonic energy is applied with the TX MicroTip, which requires only a micro-incision to reach the damaged tissue and leave the surrounding healthy tissues unharmed.
- When the procedure is completed, we apply a small adhesive bandage; no stitches are required.
- Because you are awake during the procedure (no general anesthesia), many people are able to drive home after the procedure
What are the benefits?
- • Tenex Health TX™ offers nearly instant pain relief, with a rapid recovery in 6 weeks or less!
- • No stitches or general anesthesia are used, so there is minimal downtime and less discomfort compared to open surgery.
- • There is no additional post-procedure treatment needed.
- • The speed of your recovery depends on the location of your tendinitis and your individual results may vary. Tenex Health TX™ is covered by most insurance.