Running Analysis program
Whether you're searching for a competitive edge or dealing with pain that slows your running performance, this individualized program will help you find your stride.
The goal of this program is to evaluate your running form, assess strength and flexibility, examine the way your muscles and joints move while running and identify any imbalances. We then develop a customized plan of care that will help address any impairments and improve your overall running performance.
Injury Prevention & Performance Enhancement
Our Physical Therapists use a comprehensive video analysis and physical examination to develop an individual training program built just for you, to help you prevent injury and achieve your personal best.
The frame-by-frame video analysis lets our Physical Therapists view the mechanics of how you run, in slow-motion. We'll use our findings to develop a customized program that will improve your performance and help you prevent common running injuries involving the ankle, foot, knee and hip.
Start Benefiting Today From Common Performance Enhancements Such As:
• Optimal running form and performance
• Increased strength and balance
A Comprehensive Program Created Just For You
The Running Analysis program is well suited for runners of all ages and levels – competitive or recreational – who are interested in improving their performance.
It's also ideal for injured runners, who will be evaluated and guided on the best ways to restore pain-free running.
This Program Benefits:
• Elite runners
• Student athletes
• Recreational runners
• Long-distance runners
• Anyone engaged in physical activity
Is The Program Right For Me?
During your physical examination, we will use high-tech 2D video to assess your running style from multiple angles and planes. The video, when played back in slow-motion, helps us analyze the exact mechanics of how you move, how your joints move while you're running, and how your muscles work to control your joint movement during exercise.
What Does A Session Look like?
• Postural alignment assessment
• Musculoskeletal screening – core and lower extremity strength and flexibility testing
• Biomechanical assessment – stability, functional strength and muscle balance
• Frame-by-frame video running analysis
• Individualized running instruction
• Training volume recommendations
• A personalized video via email within 48 hours of your evaluation
Please Bring The Following Items To Your Session:
• Running shoes
• Athletic clothes (running shorts, sports bra and tank top for females)
• Training and/or injury history